If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Tuesday 26 April 2011

54. Sore scalp note/ Helpful support :)

Just want to make a note to myself that I have a sore scalp tonight. I don't know if it's linked to my chemo or not. I have had this type of soreness once before I was diagnosed - so am not totally convinced it is chemo related.  
It's only when I move my hair from side to side, it makes my scalp ache and sort of tingle..

Really sleepy tonight.
I have had some really lovely days recently and I feel lucky to have had them.

My mind is mulling over tomorrow's bloodtest.
I need to have my bloodcount checked - to see if my white cells are at a good enough level so I can have the 2nd chemo session on Thursday.  The nurse said that if my levels are too low I will need to have some injections to take home and put into my tummy (!) and then postpone the chemo until my levels rise. Fingers crossed it all goes ahead alright.

Debbie has just text and her and Dan are coming over tomorrow for a brew, so that will be really lovely! Yay x

The other day I found a group on Facebook - UK Hodgkin's Lymphoma Support Club.
I joined and messaged the group's creator Chris Smith.
He is really chatty and friendly and offered his support on tips for coping with the chemo side effects. I explained how I was writing this blog and he suggested how I should link my blog onto the group page so others could follow too.
Though doing this I have made a connection with a lovely lady called Christine.

Christine has fully recovered from HL and has been in remission for 2 years. She messaged me and said she had been reading my blog and was there for me if I needed someone to talk to. I was really comforted by her message of hope and encouragement and replied as soon as I could. I asked her about weight gain as a side effect and my worries. She replied really quickly and helped put my mind at ease.
Thank you x

I think it's really important to speak to others and ask questions. I felt comfortable to do this. I think the Facebook group for HL is really useful and helpful.

I hope I can help others with this blog and one day when all this is over I will be like Christine, passing on my knowledge and advice.

No comments: