If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Monday 25 April 2011

51. hmmmumph,

My body and mind are still doing pretty well. Not as much aches and pains, no sickness still, no sore mouth, less wobbly on my feet.

I do feel a bit uncomfortable about something though.
It's to do with the steroids and weight gain. A lot of it might be water retention. I have also read that my body will crave certain foods to help it. Hayley at work chatted to me once about this from a book she was reading. How we shouldn't ban types of food from our body. If we crave it, it's our body's way of telling us we need that thing. It's about fair consumption and not overdoing it I guess.
Plus, I know I am less toned now because my exercise has stopped - a knock on effect from feeling weak and resting my body between chemo. I feel guilty, that I should be exercising and pushing myself. But then the other part of my brain kicks in and says, stop stressing, you look and feel fine, just rest your body. This is going to happen. I battle with this a lot at the moment, especially in the last few days when I have been stronger and not felt ill. I have thought about doing some gentle exercises and Anthony tried helping me by suggesting to do some very gentle weights each day to help tone my arms etc. Maybe I could try some, even if it's to help me feel better and release some endorphines... I just need a bit more belief in doing it, but don't want to push my body too far. If I start it I need to know when to stop.

  I also have a bit of a sniffle and sore throat. Painkillers help with these.


I was very touched by a special card that came in the post on Saturday... I received this from the staff at Hawksworth CE Primary. I still keep in touch with friends from there and spoke to Jean soon after I was diagnosed.
To get these cards, reminded me of all the special people there and all the wonderful times I had at Hawksworth!
So thoughtful.. Thank you all x





Enclosed were 2 cards from the children I worked with when they were in Reception. Now they're Year 6, hard to believe....! Thank you Helen  xx



I am growing some sunflowers and they seem to be doing really well. They're only 2 weeks old!




Sophie came to see me on sat afternoon.
It was really lovely to see her. She brought Mars ice creams, so we sat and devored one each as we had a catch up.
Anthony's parents came for tea in the evening.
It was another really special day!

No comments: