If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Friday 29 April 2011

59. Feeling normal

Well! I have been feeling like my normal self for last few days now. It's so nice to be pottering about in the garden, seeing friends and family and not feeling ill. I am 'on holiday' from chemo and side effects until Wed 4th May and intend to make the most of the weekend doing the things that make me happy. Simple things that I love.

I've been making the garden into a lovely place these last couple of days. Digging out the borders and turning over the soil, putting top soil in to make it nice for plants to grow. I have gone right back to how I used to be when I was younger, out in the garden playing out for hours on end. I love the feeling of my hands being in the cold soil. Each night I have been out til late, not wanting to go in! Then eventually realised the time and run myself a gorgeous bath. Slept so well too after being in the open fresh air for hours!
Will probably do the same tonight!

I've pretty much forgotten I have cancer for the meantime. I keep wandering around places and carrying on as if nothing has changed. Then someone in a shop talks to me and we have some banter and I think to myself...You don't know I have cancer.
Thats a weird feeling. There isn't any sign on me, as yet, to make it obvious that I have an illness.

My hairdresser is going to cut my hair for me on Monday. I feel very lucky that she is taking time out to help me. She knows me really well (been going to her for about, 14 - 15 years, sorry Fee, don't want to make you feel old, hehe..)  and she can tell I need to do something about my hair. It's driving me insane! Still no hair loss, but still it's irritating me. I have very thick hair and it's bushy to say the least at the moment. It's desperate for a colour putting on it, but until I know whats happening with it, there isn't much point messing about with that side of things. Fee is going to cut it shorter for me, to make it easier to look after when I am feeling rubbish and also if I do happen to lose my hair then it will be a step to getting used to not having any. :)

We've been buying little things for the house and garden in the last few days, which is a nice feeling. Adding things to it and making it feel and look like ours.
We bought a gorgeous mirror for the chimney breast from The Range,  - Laura and Sophie are going to be giggling at me, well most people are who know how much I love The Range, I am always banging on about it to everyone!
We went to Ikea and bought useful things too, including a gorgeous duvet cover with 4 pillowcases, for... wait for it... £2.99!
£2.99, couldn't believe it. It's white with a blue outline pattern of flowers and leaves. Lush, we both like it too so that's a bonus.

My Mum and Dad are popping over soon, so better go put the kettle on and get the biscuits out! Speak soon xx thank you for reading xx

No comments: