If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Saturday 31 December 2011

354. Goodbye 2011...Goodbye Hope Floats

Well... it's the last day of 2011.
The year I bought a house and was set for big exciting plans to happen. Turned out to be the year I was diagnosed out of the blue with Hodgkins Lymphoma.

On March 30th 2011 I heard the words
Elizabeth from the biopsy we can see that you have Hodgkins Lymphoma a type of cancer.

On October 7th 2011 I heard the words
Elizabeth the PET scan results show there to be no signs of Hodgkins Lymphoma.
I am in remission.


I am fortunate to have beaten this nasty illness with the help of medical professionals at Bradford Royal Infirmary, doctors, nurses, Macmillan nurses and consultants. MY AMAZING GP. The fearful chemotherapy treatment which I then hated but now love for killing the cancer and making me well again. All in one year. I can start 2012 continuing my recovery and coming out of the chrysalis as I intended.

Which leads me to my decision to make this my final entry for Hope Floats.
I want to leave this blog in 2011 and hopefully start a new one for my new journey.
It will remain here for all to read and for future readers who may find my story helpful.

I have some special mentions to make before I say goodbye to Hope Floats!

I would like to dedicate this blog entry to ALL the people I have met online through this wonderful tool of blogging. My complete support network of friends who have been there DAY AND NIGHT when I was going through chemo. There to say hello, good morning, good night. There to listen to my worries, my complaining, my fears, my insecurities.

Here I go..... *deep breath* This is all off the top of my head so please bear with me!

Thank you to Chris Smith and Terry Smith. Your experiences helped me so much. Your words of support and belief in me, even though you have never met me. Your Facebook group has been a total blessing to me, I have been able to meet other people who have experienced HL personally or in their family. Amazing group.

Kate Ibbeson and Sheffield Cancer Mafia - Awesome support and I hope to keep in touch.
Thank you Kate!

Macmillan - Thank you for being there in times of need through my chemo. Thank you for the incredible grant money that is helping me so much.

Lynn Hale. You know how much I think of you and how much I value our friendship. I look forward to meeting you one day. xxx

Sarajane Ward. Gorgeous lady, I know you're going to beat this darling. You know I'm always here. Thank you for listening to me winge on and giving me support. We will meet and it will be amazing. I just know it. (fox dreams hahaa) xx

Paula Pipkin. Thank you gorgeous. You have been incredible.xxx

Nicola Botka. Thank you for the wigs and bandana and your beautiful emails and support!! Hugs lady xx

Fiona Fletcher & My Name Is Not Cancer,,That phone call that day was incredible, after we spoke I felt so lifted and not as lost. You took the words right out of my feelings and brain and helped so much. You are one terrific woman. I really admire the work you do. Thank you.

Liz Dando, Jackie Laycock, Laila Coote, Roz Barnwell, Michele Hallam, Sofina Hadley, Linda Rana, Louise Holmes, James Wrigley, Linda Shailes, Maria Wennestam, Stuart Williams, Jan Stroud, Christine Large, Becky Castle, Carly McInnes.... THANK YOU each and every one of you for your words of wisdom, understanding and hope.

Sarah Firth, Caroline Smith, Hayley Collis and all the staff at Bradford Cancer Support.


You 3 ladies have become more than just the ladies at Cancer Support to me.
You have become my friends and for that I am grateful. I hope to meet up with you again very soon.You know how grateful I am to you. And what your caring support means to me. Big cuddles.

Thank you to all the readers who have got in touch to tell me they have read my blog!
 Including old school friends, old friends, uni mates, old work colleages and friends of friends! Who then kept in touch through the whole of chemo!
To name but a few! These people particularly kept messaging, writing to me via snail mail, sent me gifts and flowers and give up when things were hard to deal with for me. In no particular order haha!

Ellen Scales
Alexis Wright
Vicki Wilson
Laura Payne
All staff from Hawksworth CE Primary
Isma Sadeeq
Jess Baxendale
Joan Cox
Verity Hanogue
Karl Ayton
Tracy Matthews
Jane Curran
Daphne Reynolds
Catherine Holmes
Audrey Davies
Claire Louise Ledger

I'm doing my best here,.. lol.. i feel INCREDIBLY blessed to have all these people to thank.

*another deep breath*

Raf Chandler - well Raf. You are an amazing friend. You may not think you have done much, but on those days when I was low, you knew what to say!! Thank you. Your constant support throughout and genuine care has more than a few times completely blown me away. You have lifted me and Anthony and been there. Sincerely. We love you mate!

Rachel Parkinson - You have been nothing but honest, loving and caring towards me.
I think you and Raf are such a fab couple. We can't wait for your wedding day lady! Thank you babes. much love xxx

Amparo, Rob, Jess, Melina - Love you all, thank you for keeping normality going for me and showing your care and support.

Andy Crombleholme - Thank you for being there hun. We've been there for each other so much over the years. xxx IM SHUFFLIN! *shows pic of dodgy ginger child with funny face*PMSL!

*racks mush brain*

Debbie Pett - I know this year has been a challenge for you too darling. Thank you for being there. xx

Sophie Parker and Tom Storey - You're awesomeness never ends! We look forward to more happy times ahead!

Rebecca and Simon - You are both amazing and when I was diagnosed you both knew what to say and do! Including: make coffee/let liz sleep on your sofa/cook chilli!! and more than anything, just be yourselves - wonderful friends. Your gorgeous girls Hattie and Daisy kept me smiling and laughing when I wanted to cry outloud. I look forward to seeing you soon!
And your shop becky! haha..  DG!

Lucy Hall. We've had a right bloody year havent we missis! Thank you. You know the rest xxx

Zoe Smith. My gorgeous friend. I miss you. You always know what to say! You're the best. (ooh poet)

All super star staff at West Oaks School THANK YOU for your support and understanding. Miss you.

Dan McIntyre. Thank you for being you and guiding, supporting and knowing what to say. Thank you for my wrens from Perry. They've been hibernating over Christmas so I look forward to putting them out again on show in the New Year when the dec's get tidied!

Pam Lamont and Katie. You know how much I love you both and how much I appreciate your friendship. Best neighbours ever. Fact!

Fiona and Scott - both Anthony and I think you guys are fab. We love spending time with you and we look forward to many many happy times ahead!

Our wonderful families for being there always for both Anthony and me through our toughest year yet. xxxx

Goodbye 2011 and hello 2012 and all it brings!

I have loved writing Hope Floats and documenting my journey through Hodgkins Lymphoma.


Thank you EVERYONE for reading and to anyone else who my mush brain has forgotten - you're not forgotten.

Night night!
xxxx

No comments: