If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Friday 16 December 2011

347. I love my GP and other random thoughts..

My GP is just fab. I walked in this morning and she gave me a big hug. Not seen her since I was diagnosed in March.
I went for a chat and to get another prescription for my anti-depressants. I was due to come off them this year in spring as I had improved massively and things were going really well. When I was diagnosed the hospitals and doctors recommended I stayed on them longer. I was disappointed, for many reasons obviously. I was ready to do so many things in my life, in my new house and my health was (to my knowledge) really good.
I had run out of the tablets yesterday, so went to the walk in clinic this morning to get some more. After chatting to my GP she suggested upping the dosage temporarily. I don't see this as a failure, at all. I see it as asking for help and getting something that can help me through. My mood and emotions are so all over. And I think getting help is important.
My GP listened to me for as long as I needed to chat. Not once did I feel like my time in there was up.
It was really helpful. She chatted to me about going for a ten minute walk a day to help my mood. Which I (honestly) had been working up to doing. Yesterday when I got back from the Macmillan centre, I planned to get the Wii Fit out and start that, but after my treatment I felt so sleepy and relaxed, I just went for a nap. But the thought and want to do it IS there! It's about balance isnt it. Balance is everything.
We laughed about it being Christmas soon and how all the festive food will cause most of us to gain weight anyway! She's so down to earth and lovely. She spoke to me about my worries and from that suggested it might help to go and get a few nice things to wear, even though I'm not the size I want to be. I think she's right. At the moment I'm slobbing and don't feel nice. So I might go for a little look and get something for Christmas Day and a few pretty basics. I have some of the grant money for clothing and I havent spent it yet.
I feel better for going to see my GP, even though I was out in the dark at 7.45am waiting to get in the doctors, togged up like a snow trekker! Worth it though.

I have some library books to take back so I might do that today. Thats a drive though, so I might go for a wander when I get back.

I love my new phone, it arrived on Wednesday. I was like a giddy kid opening it all. I'm still getting used to it and the sensitive touch screen. It's great to have an up to date phone to share photos and read my blog from it!

I have sold quite a lot of felt creations this week. The tree dec's have gone down well and a couple of people have asked for specific things which I love! I love a challenge.
 I am thinking of new projects for the new year, as I think I will need to carry on the focus as it really helps me. Might go through my books for new ideas.
So my friends - if you think of anything you'd like let me know I can rustle something up for a gift at a good price :)

Lots of love xxx

No comments: