If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Thursday 22 December 2011

351. Updates

My hair is growing at a fantastic rate and the last couple of days its been a bit out of control!
My eyebrows are getting a little bit darker as time goes on and they are starting to look really good now. I am having to pluck the stray hairs and they no longer feel weak when I pluck, but are as stubborn as they used to be and i LOVE IT!
Everything I didn't like about my hair before I now LOVE.
I appreciate everything so much more now.
I have more patience in situations that I didn't before. I am no saint though!

I spoke to my macmillan nurse and she was asking me about my feelings and thoughts. I said I didn't feel like my chemo/steroid cheeks were going down, she said she can see they have. Anthony and I see me everyday so we can't tell, but the mac nurse and my Mum both said they can see a change.
I feel less chunky in my body and like a lot of the fluid retention has gone. I still weigh the same as I did at the end of chemo, but in time, this will change. But my arms feel less tubby, the back of my neck has decreased in size, my tummy doesnt feel so huge and barrel like as it did on the steroids.
Mac nurse said that getting out and walking will help me in many ways and is the start to doing gentle exercise. So am going to do my best to keep this up.

I have had a much better week, involving more walks and better thoughts about my situation.
Plus, i think because its nearly Christmas, time with family, Anthony and friends, it is a lovely time to be all together and am looking forward to it.

xxxxx

No comments: