If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Monday 12 December 2011

345. Christmas is coming

After all the chaos with my illness and treatment, it's hard to believe that Christmas is just around the corner.
I am going to make gifts this Christmas and I think that will be really special.
Anthony and I might spend a little something on each other. I'd like to be able to buy him something.

I love our living room at the moment. It's full of festive loveliness. Our tree is the one we bought when we first moved in together in 2009 at Cookridge. We lived in a rented house and it had a big long living room. We thought we'd be there for a long time initially, so we went all out and got an expensive 6ft tree and all the trimmings. It was so special, never forget that. Then Ziggy, who we'd only had 2 months, he was still a junior kitty, climbed up the tree and kept stealing decorations and hiding them in the sofa!
When we moved to Apperley Bridge, the house was a lot lot smaller. It was a stop gap. And we couldn't fit the big tree in that room!! So we bought a very small 2 ft tree! Which was nice, but just didn't feel the same. Christmas at that house was a bit naf!
When we realised we could have the big tree up this year, I was so excited. I love it. We put it up, whilst watching Love Actually, which is a special film to us, we'd just got (back) together when it came out in the cinema.
The tree is in window and looks very cozy indeed.
I have lots of lovely candles and christmassy smells (thanks Mum) and it does feel gorgeous. When we put the open fire on - WOW!
Ziggy has behaved himself a lot more with the tree and just occasionally chews it now and again.

We went to Christmas Adventure at Stockeld Park with Chris, Jenny and Lola at the weekend.
I was really stuggling emotionally before we went. Could not stop crying even when I got to Jenny's. Eventually, I was able to see and feel past it (think I had no tears left) and enjoy myself.
Being out in the open air and in a place so magical, felt just beautiful.

We ended the night with some chips back at Jenny's and then later Anthony and I came home and watched the last bit of the snooker final. (I have a big range of interests! I love snooker and darts! Darts on't telly after Christmas! Then it's my birthday)

Not long to go xxx

No comments: