If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Monday 4 April 2011

16. Hope and distraction

Just tucked into some


and it was sooooooo gooooood!


I have been so touched by the amount of messages from people who have heard about my blog, seen the links on facebook or read my statuses.
Pretty much every time I log on someone has messaged me. It is a really special feeling - people taking time out of their day to stop and think and write to me. It is very powerful and a tremedously supportive.
My friend Mike Allinson who I went to Film school with sent me this:

hey hun, just wanted to say hi, havent spoken to you in so long.
Ive been reading your blog felt so sad for you when i read you had Hodgkins, it just felt wrong i mean no one should have to deal with it but you have made me smile more than pretty much anybody and it just felt wrong that you have it.

It was strange reading your blog because it was like deja vu, my younger brother also had Hodgkins, he was serching for a house when he found out they also told him it was an infection and put him on antibiotics. Hope you noticed i was using past tence because he has finished all his treatments and he no longer at risk. He got passed it hun and ive no doubt you will too

Keep writing your blog hun and i will keep reading, dont let it take away that beautiful smile

Ill be thinking of you hun

:-) xxx
 
This has given me a lot of hope and this message is going to stick with me right through my treatment.  Thank you again Mike. x
 
Chris came up with a wicked idea the other night for what I can do to keep my mind busy/distract myself when I am having treatment! Invest in a hand held games console! I have put a vote on FB as I don't know which to get - a PSP or a DS.... If anyone has any knowledge about the games available or which games are good please can you get in touch? That would be so helpful.
I love platform games and puzzles/strategy. Oooh exciting! Thanks Chris x
 
Mum has offered to take me for a bit of retail therapy before I start Chemo too, so am really looking forward to that tooooo!
 
This is exactly how it is --- I have just got two more messages as I write this post. Truly wonderful and full of love and care.
Thank you Han and Catherine - I read them out to Anthony as soon as I opened them and we both moved by your kindhearted words.
 
love you all xx
 

No comments: