If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Saturday 23 April 2011

49. And it was a GOOD Friday

What a totally special day!
We had a wonderful time with Laura and James. So special. We went to Burnsall :)

On the way there....Excited, happy, giddy, carefree, relaxed. I was feeling all these feelings and more. I felt like I wanted to burst with passion and creativity. Being a passenger in the back seat, I had the window down and reached my arm out into the cool air; my arm flying, driving a draught of air to my face. The bright green hills and endless blue skies. The hazy horizon in the distance. The sheep and lambs nuzzling into the grass. James shouting BAA. The sound of our favourite songs on the radio. That belly feeling going over the hills of the roads. The smell of the fresh, sweet air. I was lapping up every sight, sound and smell. As we laughed, joked and chatted I kept thinking, I can't believe I am doing this. A day out somewhere far from home was the last thing I had imagined the other day when I had felt so poorly. I stuck my head of the window and felt the fast air hit my face. My sunglasses budged slightly. Best hold onto them a bit there. I could feel my ears niggling a bit with the air so I wrapped my pashmina close around my neck and ears. It felt so cozy in the sun's warmth.

Winding round the smaller roads we were almost there. Laura and me were like giddy school children. We were all hungry and wanted to enjoy the food. 'Park anywhere, just dump it!' We were grateful to find a space right outside the village shop. Bit of handy parallel parking and Anthony bashing his head on the window trying to look round to help James park, ha, was funny, he thought he'd left it open. We giggled for a while at this. Laura especially.

We found our spot and laid out the blankets and set out the picnic. It was yum. Lots of yummy treats from M&S and all in the sunshine with fab company. There were many families there and plenty of people in the river with dinghies.

After a lovely picnic and a relaxing lay down, I wanted to take us all to a lovely spot further up the river, near the church. I had been there before with Gaynor - we had been for a spontaneous day out before there and sat quietly and relaxed. We saw a kingfisher and watched him for a long while. So pretty. We walked to the spot and relaxed again. Whilst walking there I was ahead of the others, not because I was rushing ahead, just because my feet were walking and my body was telling me to keep going. I wanted to listen to it. I wanted to be able to make the most of this feeling. I counted my blessings every time I saw something beautiful.

I spotted a graceful heron and some pretty dancing cabbage white butterflies,  but was a bit disappointed there was no mr electric blue kingfisher. Probably it was too noisy and busy for him.

We blew bubbles and watched them float to the river surface. The sun still felt strong and warm at 5pm. We talked about our weekend plans and next weekend, the royal wedding.. how it felt so summery and it was only April and how we want this weather to stay as long as possible! So lovely to be outside.

We walked back along the river and went for an ice cream. We had banana, Laura had mint choc and James had vanilla. It was that Brymor ice cream. Hmmmmm! James and Anthony skimmed some stones and I dipped my toes into the chilly water. It felt so cold at first, then refreshing.
The river banks had calmed down a bit now, most people had left for the day.

We made tracks and headed home. The drive home felt short and sweet. We decided to head back to Laura and James' for a brew and grab some fish and chips later on. They were scrummy. Back at theirs, Domino, their rabbit, was in her run that Anthony has built for them last week.
She was all happy and giddy, flipping and twitching, jumping and looked so grateful. Standing on her back legs and sniffing the air.
Anthony looked pleased and proud :) James was explaining how much happier Domino was with her run and how grateful they were. Bless.

Today was so beautiful. It was lovely to be picked up and driven out somewhere. Even though I have felt really good all day, not having the pressure of driving and for Anthony too, it meant we could relax and take it all in. The whole day helped us to focus on the beautiful things around us and I didn't hardly think about my HL all day at all.

Today has shown me that I can have days out and enjoy things even when I am having Chemo. A week after my first one I am functioning a lot better than I expected I would be.
Yes, I have the odd ache and pain in places, but as long as I take my tablets, pain killers when needed, I am ok.

We both feel so relaxed tonight and didn't want it to end!

A day at home tomorrow.. in the garden I think and Anthony is going to do some work on his car. Ziggy will be pleased he can potter about and chill with us. He loves it when we're home, he doesnt venture far when we are close by.

Well, my peepers are shutting as I type... it's late...speak tomorrow .

Oh hang on forgot to say...

Nur nur cancer, I've had a fab 2nd day........!!!


ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: