If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Friday 1 April 2011

3. The day after the results...

Thursday 31st March ..


Woke up when Anthony went to work just after 6.30am. I got up and mooched about for a bit. Spoke to Zig, as I regularly do, he's my bud.
I was going in to see everyone at work to chat about my treatment, results and how things would work.
I was really missing them. I was missing work. Never thought I'd say that!


Had a really nice hot shower. Love showers, they are magic. Ours is a bit dribbly though. When we save up a bit we're going to get a nice power shower.


I did my hair, first time in ages that I had felt like trying to do it. I had a lot cut off it the other week - I was sick of it (crazy to think like that now I look at how I will probably lose it all) but like my hairdresser said I was probably trying to control something that I could actually control. Results of a biopsy I couldn't control. So I turn on/pick on myself. I do that.


I put on a nice new long cardi on, like a duck egg colour. £11 was a bargain. It felt nice which always helps. I matched up my favourite scarf from H&M and my bootleg jeans. My skin was behaving itself and I didn't have puffy eyes and my eye bags weren't bad either, bonus!


I set off to get there for half 9 and popped in to the Co-op on the way for some Jaffa bars to have with coffee. I felt a bit low on sugar so got a Mars bar as well for the journey home. lol. FOOD.


Everyone at work were fantastic. Dawn had spoken to everyone in staff meeting on Wednesday and told everyone. This is what I had asked for. I wanted everyone to know. I didn't see the point in keeping it from anyone. It's happening and I have to face it as well as others. Shane told me everyone's reaction was like a 1 minutes silence and after getting the news they had to have a team meeting. lol..


Zoe and Lisa, are my close team at work. They were fantastic when we talked together. So supportive and open to chatting about anything and everything. Helping me and understanding. It must be challenging to support a work colleague with something like this and know what to say. But they did xxx


After being at work and getting many many hugs, catching up with Sophie D, Lucy, Kelly, Bev, Grant, Cheryl, Lynn, Helen, Dawn, Michael, Chris, Nina, Shane.. I went home.
I felt really comforted knowing I could contact anyone from work and keep in touch with their full support.


I got home and Sophie text to say she had some free time and was coming over. She brought lots of lovely treats! 4 - 5 bunches of daffodils, a bouquet of flowers, easter eggs, sandwiches and pringles. We had many cups of tea and chatted. It was yum and fun. Just what I needed. Soph went back to work later and when she'd gone I thought about how something so simple had meant so much to me.


Mum and Dad came over in the evening, was lovely to see them. They listened and listened, asked a few questions but trusted me when they could see I was strong and not crying. I think even I thought I'd cry when I saw them. I don't quite know why I'm not crying lots or all the time.  I cried loudly and lots when the doctor told me the results and then it was like a switch went and I stopped.
We had cups of tea (again for me - herbal this time) and watched tv in between things that kept poppin up in my head to tell them. We had a giggle about tv - me and Dad like game shows on tv at tea time. We talked about The Chase and Pointless. Countdown is both our favourite snooze gameshow.
Personally Bullseye is my favourite to drop off to. I feel this is another post theme for another time...someone remind me...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for coming into work hunny it was lovely to see you and soooo needed a hug
I must say i admire you hun this is a brilliant idea you are so strong darling, and you ARE GOING TO BEAT this .. Here if you want to scream at someone or someone shoulder to cry on ... oh by the way you will hear loads from me !!! xxxx Nina

zoe xx said...

Hye hun - this is AWESOME I love it hun feels that we are still close by when I read that - sounds weird when I read that back but am sure you know what I mean xx Wake up every morning thinking about you babes !!!!