If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Tuesday 19 April 2011

42. Update on the ears

Well.... good news! Ear pain has taken a little back seat!
Not sure what has happened in the last few hours or so, but things seemed to have got a lot better.

After I last wrote, I laid in the chair and snoozed for a bit. I got so cold, unbelieveable in the warmth we have had today, I know! But I had about 3 blankets round me and a fleece and was just right. Spoke to my Dad on the phone which helped a lot. Anthony bought me some more jelly, some yummy cherry coke and some massive cool straws to drink from.

Then it was weird. I had some cherry coke and a lemonade ice lolly and put Disney's Robin Hood on. It was like a childhood dream. It seemed to soothe me well! I had a giddy feeling and relaxed instantly!? I'm not gonna figure it out. Going with it. I felt so much better.

I snoozed a bit to the film and woke up to Anthony cooking tea. Had tea and I feel different again? There's still a tiny bit of pain there but nothing LIKE it was. I have aching bones like a flu feeling and still wearing sunglasses indoors!

My skin is all sore on my face again, got a big break out of spots which isn't pleasant, looking rough.
But who cares, I have had spots before.
I have had a really bad time with my skin. Hundreds of pounds worth of treatments, products and crazes.  Anything to get rid of acne.
It's amazing - in a bad way, but just a few small yet rude comments that were given to me in my early 20's really affected my self confidence with my skin. Echoing in my head everytime I look in the mirror. Daily battles and distress about how I looked. Aiming to look perfect and feel perfect.

But now they're nothing. Insignificant in comparison to this. They'll still be nothing too when I have got rid of this cancer.

I am certain that this experience will totally shift my perspective from my hang ups and worries that have certainly haunted me for so long. It's over. For good.

Aw.. Zig has just bundled himself up next to me on the sofa. Adorable. Hoping for a continued - less pain - evening. Fingers crossed the ear infection is making an exit!!

No comments: