If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Monday 18 April 2011

38. Monday morning

It's Monday 18th April.
My calendar tells me today is 'back to work'. Makes me think of all the people I am missing at work and all the fantastic activities and work I could be doing to make a difference to children's lives. I do miss being at work. As much as I moan like anyone else does about work, it really is how I prefer to live. Working and keeping my brain busy. Interacting with a variety of people. Meeting new people; adults and children. Thinking of ways to help them in schools. Working with my team at West Oaks. Makes me sad to think I won't be there until my treatment is all over and I am better.

I woke up at 3am this morning. Bam. Wide awake. Hungry, head ache, sore mouth. I put my cuddly robe on, took my pillow, my rose quartz crystal and teddy downstairs. I had a bit of toast and took some painkillers. Ziggy came bounding down with me to see what I was up to. He likes to suss things out and be aware. Once he knows what I am doing he usually goes back upstairs to sleep with Anthony again.
I put a film on sky+ and watched it a little bit - then woke up when Anthony came down to go to work at 6.30am.
Ziggy was strolling about ready to go out to play after some food.
Now I am sat watching 'Everybody Loves Raymond' on 4.




My face looks different to me. It doesn't show here but like I mentioned the other day, my skin feels different. I keep getting red cheeks throughout the day at different times. Not sure if it's a temperature thing or a skin sensitivity thing.
I have to wear my sun glasses a lot as my eyes are sensitive, but that's not really since Chemo. I get headaches if it's bright or a funny light.

I am due to take my tablets shortly which comprise of:
Anti - depressant
Anti - sickness
Kidney protection
Stomach protection
Laxative sachet - all the drugs together make it hard to go!

There's another type of tablet to take at lunchtime then another anti - sickness this afternoon. I run out of anti - sickness tablets after today I think. Which makes me wonder is this when the nurses/doctors expect the sickness feeling to stop. 'Touch wood' I haven't had any nausea since Saturday. Plus I have been wearing my sea-bands all the time even at night.

Today I am going to write to a few people, some family friends who have sent letters to me. I like to write letters to people.
I don't really have any thing else to do today. Maybe watch a couple of dvd's, do some art work if I have enough energy. My energy levels are very up and down.

Ziggy's just come back from exploring and is helping himself to some food. Bless. He loves this weather!

Well, it's 8am, tablet time!
speak soon
xx

No comments: