If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Monday 25 April 2011

53. My multi-flight, thank you Raf!

Wow! You won't believe what I did today! Amazing!
My friend Raf recently got his licence to fly light aircraft and offered to take me flying today, how exciting!

We went up to the Multi-flight centre at Leeds Bradford Airport at midday. I felt really giddy and really lucky to have the opportunity to do this. As we parked up in the car park, Raf was driving behind us. I had a big cheesy grin on my face and was bursting with excitement!  Anthony waited for us at the car as Raf took me for the flight, eeee!

We had to go into the centre and sign some paperwork. Raf had to put his luminous vest on and gather all the equipment and gave me my own headset for the flight!
He pointed out the aircraft to me....




I stood next to the aircraft as Raf went round and did the necessary checks. Some men came to re-fuel it and I stood waiting, antipating the journey and feeling really excited still.
Raf asked me if I wanted to step in. As I did I went all nervous! He put the safety harness and belt round me and I put the head set on! haha.. check me out...



Got a big grin on my face as I type this, it was such a fab experience. The best thing was this was with my friend. I was in awe of Raf. Amazing!
As he finished doing all the checks I was frantically taking loads of pictures and looking at all the buttons, dials and taking in all the sounds, smells and feel of the aircraft. Raf said this one was quite old, around 1970's. It looked that way too, had old tan seats and all the fixtures inside we old looking. It was really cool!


Here's Raf finalising all the checks before take off!


Then we were ready to set off!




Once up in the air, we went over Otley, Harrogate, Wetherby, Boston Spa - (took a photo of West Oaks everyone at my work who's reading this) I told Raf my work's other site was at Boston Spa and he turned so I could get a good photo, bad idea. I felt really sick after this! But managed to keep myself together, just!
I only really rememeber seeing Cookridge after this - our old street..as I went a bit faint feeling and all hot... Raf was asking if I was ok. Giggling about this moment, so funny...!




This is us coming in to land! Those are squished flies on the windscreen... yum...

I started to feel a lot better and cooled down. We landed with a little bit of a bump and made a quick exit from the runway. We pulled up back where we started. It had been so exhilarating to be so high up and see so many beautiful sights. Anthony walked over to the plane to greet us and was smiling. I was shaking and smiling! I needed a drink, opted for water, but could have easily had a vodka!
There were lots of people at the multi-flight cafe all smiling at me and asking if I had had a good flight. It was a lovely atmosphere. Plus the sun was shining and it was beautiful weather.

I gave Raf a big hug and thanked him. It had been such an amazing experience and a special one at that. :) Not everyone gets to do something like that, I feel very lucky. x

No comments: