If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Tuesday 24 May 2011

100. Cabin fever, rescued by Helen T!

Thank goodness for Helen, coming to my rescue!!
I was ready for tearing down the walls and screaming. To be honest though, I don't know where I would have found the energy!?

I woke up this morning aching and feeling awful, flu symptoms. I was like a zombie. I have no way of knowing if I have flu or if this is chemo side effects or both. Very frustrating.

I felt better after to speaking to Mum on the phone, when I remembered how to have a conversation. I had a shower, which helped lots and then Helen came over to take me out. I didn't feel up to going to a noisy cafe and hustle and bustle.

 It felt so nice to get out into the fresh air. I was walking so slowly to the car, my eyes felt half shut and I was out of breath just getting into the car.
We drove to get some bits of shopping that I needed. Every movement was a big effort. But Helen helped me every step xxx
After, Helen treated us to Costa goodies and we sat in the car at the park and enjoyed watching the world go by. Looking at everyone going about their daily lives.

It was so nice.. it was almost like I could feel fog lifting from me. To chat and listen to Helen. The simplist little thing. To feel alive. I had felt so trapped indoors and lost.

We had such a lovely time together, it was just enough and I feel much happier this afternoon. I have a lovely vase of Sweet William flowers and a craft magazine to look at. Thank you so much Helen, love you to bits.

Still aching, but my mood is improved, so I feel a bit stronger.

Still trying to remember the positives. 
I don't feel sick, I have no sickness.
I could be a lot worse. 

These are the things that I forget sometimes, being on my own through out the day, can get so boring and draining. But I try to my best to remember what I have got and how I am doing.

Got Phoenix Nights on.. funny.. 

No comments: