If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Tuesday 10 May 2011

74. Tuesday 10th May

Hi everyone :)
The cold took full force yesterday. Spent the day drinking water and blowing my nose.
I watched a mixture of dvd's, picking at random foods and feeling pretty sorry for myself all in all! Oh dear eh!

I realised after chatting to Mum last night - she reminded me I had flu symptoms after chemo last time. It's easy to lose track and forget things in between treatments.
So the combination of the side effects and this cold, has made it pretty tough going.

Good news though, I feel a lot better today! Not as achey all over, less stuffy nosed. I just have a really annoying cough and feel tired and sound rough!!

Because the cold has eased a lot I feel less miserable and more positive about things. I was at my lowest at the weekend and it felt scary to not feel in control of my body of emotions.

I feel able to type today - so I'll update you on a few things.
My hair -  it has dramatically thinned, especially yesterday. Big chunks came out.
My scalp is starting to be more visible and I am receeding. Where I would have had a lot of hair at the back of my head, there is a lot less and for the first time in my life I am probably experiencing what a regular head of hair feels like! But to me, it's a dramatic change. I am used to so much more hair. When I put my fingers to it, it's obvious that so much has fallen out. It feels coarse and dry. 







I've got an appointment tomorrow at St Luke's for a prescription wig that I am entitled to. 
Before, I was unsure about what to do. But I have decided now is the time to go for it, it's worth looking.
Also I am going to find out about scarves.
On Thursday my Mum is going to take me to a wig shop in Shipley called Everything's Rosey. Rebecca recommended it to me and I gave them a call today and arranged an appointment. 
The lady there was so friendly and I'm looking forward to it. 



I'll update after my appointments and let you know how I get on :) Photos to follow! ooh! x








No comments: