If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Friday 13 May 2011

83. Misbehaving Blogger and Fab Friday

I'm relieved to say that my blog is still in tact and the missing posts have been restored! Big sigh of relief!!

The problems with it started Thursday evening and then this morning it just kept saying my blog didn't exist! PANIC. I had backed it up on Wednesday morning but since that had posted those 2 big entries about my wig and buzz cut. The thought of those gone forever made me feel a bit sad and I knew I wouldn't be able to replicate the details as well as I had.
My blog reappeared this evening but with those 3 posts not there....but eventually I went on again and they had come back... Good!

So my Fab Friday, I've had a lovely day.
My mood has lifted a lot since I buzzed off my hair. Because of my mood lifting I have been able to deal with this cold a lot better. Today I've been coughing and spluttering and my ears still feel blocked and squeak now and again. Frustrating.

I have had many many messages and comments about my buzz cut and want to say thank you to you, all together!
You are all truly special for being there for me and I have said on facebook, but I want to say it here too....
From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I have said it a lot, but messages are there for me each time I log on and they really truly are getting me through this.
You are my support network and you are vital to my journey through this experience. I am so pleased you are reading this and keeping me going.

You all do seem to love my buzz cut! Many of you have said how it has made my features stand out more. Thank you.
I love it too. It's made me feel much happier and I feel more in control of the hair situation now. Well.. I did show it who was boss didn't I?!

I woke up early this morning - same time as Anthony went to work, 6.30am. I was wide awake and nearly got up, but thought I'd have a few more hours yet.

I had a lovely rest and felt improved again. Still a bit achy, cough and sniffly, but focusing on the fact that I had improved.
I had breakfast and watched Sex and the City. I had been watching it the other day and really enjoyed it. I haven't touched the box set since I left Mum and Dad's. I used to watch it all the time. It was great to watch it with a fresh pair of eyes and with my life experiences I have had since seeing it. My life is so different now.

Season 6, Into the Frying Pan. Samantha shaves her head. I can totally appreciate this now. It feels weird to know that.
I notice new things from the episodes, different things now to what I used to notice. Laura and I chatted about this and she agreed she has done the same.

Charlotte: Samantha, you look so pretty today..
Samantha: Thanks, I have cancer...

----------------------------------------------

Charlotte: See, this is what we were afraid of. Go back to your people.
Miranda: You are my people and we'll talk about this now.


I just love how this programme dealt with the subject of cancer. It's spot on.
Even the wig scene in one of the episodes. Samantha tries on the wigs and they're nothing like what she wants. Your emotions go through so much when you contemplate how you want to look without your hair. The programme captures these emotions so well. I love it.
I have always loved the speech that Samantha does at the cancer benefit. But even more so now. When her actions out of frustration make the women stand up and take their wigs off. It really made me cry! I just felt so full of emotion and power sitting there watching it.

After losing myself in the world of Carrie in NY, I had some lunch and then Laura came over and we went out for some art things. Laura bought some lovely stamp kis. It was nice to get out of the house. I walked around Morrisons and forgot about my shaved head. A few people stared at me in wonder more than anything. I just smiled back at them. I'd forget again and then remember. It's bizarre. I didn't feel as 'naked' as I thought I would. Blooming cold though!! And rainy out, rain water on your scalp feels funny.

I have tried a scarf and like the feeling and look of it.
It's nice to have something different to wear if I don't want to wear a wig. Sometimes it will be too warm. The silk feels lovely on the scalp. My short hair spikes through the material. Feels funny! I can't stop touching my stubbly hair though! It's addictive.



I had a little experiment with some more make up this afternoon and it felt nice to look a bit different. I need to keep practicing.






Tom and Sophie have just been over to see us, it was really nice to catch up and have a giggle.
They both had a feel of my head. It's pretty soft.. and I like my head being touched, relaxing!

Oooh speaking of relaxing, Cancer Support called me today, they had a cancellation for aromatherapy, so I have an appointment on Monday! How cool! Looking forward to that.
Laura has offered to drive me there, so I can relax before and after. How kind is that?

Bradford Cancer Support are AMAZING. I'll let you know how my appointment goes.


My 3rd Chemo is scheduled for Wed 18th, how fast has that come round? Bloodtest on the Tuesday to see if all will go ahead.

Well..., it's late, I think I am going to head off to bed everyone.
Thank you again and if you're waiting for me to reply to a message, I do apologise, I will get to you very soon, lots of love - Me xxx

No comments: