If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Tuesday 26 July 2011

177. Where's the sun

So it's the end of July and by now it should be hot or at least warm! But sadly, there's no sign of the sun today. It's cloudy and a bit dull. Disappointing to say the least.
My sunflowers are nearly all blooming now. The small ones - teddy bears are looking gorgeous... and the evening sun ones - the dark red petals - are stunning and have more than one head. I hope the other heads blossom too. The hollyhocks need planting out as they are limited in their pots and there are still two plants from the nursery that need putting in the ground.
I am planning on making another flower border in the garden next week - we're clearing the soil and clay that we piled up from the front when we dug it out in Feb/March to make more room. Really looking forward to doing that and being able to do more when I am well between treatments. Being outside with nature is such a good feeling, one of my favourite feelings.

I'm smiling because I just received a parcel. Nicola, who I made friends with on the UK Hodgkins Lymphoma Support group on Facebook, sent me 2 wigs and a bandana! A short pink wig - fun style and a lovely ash blonde wig, which is lovely and light weight and feels really nice on. Thank you hun x x x  Will be nice to have a make up session and try on the wigs and take photos. I will look forward to being able to wear them when I want to feel different.

I put some of that Dove summer self tanning lotion on last night. And I smell of biscuits. Hmm.

Going to Cancer Support today so need to go and get ready. Will be lovely to see the team again.
Blood test tomorrow and Chemo 8 on Thursday!

The end is just about in sight. 4 more left after Thursday...

No comments: