If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Thursday 14 July 2011

164. Sir liz

I haven't told you all about this yet! I can't believe I forgot. It was Anthony last night who reminded me of it.

eek.

So last Friday night, Anthony treated me and we went out for a carvery. It was raining really heavily. It was the type of summer rain I love. Where you can smell the heat in the air.
Anyway!

I got ready, put some leggings and a nice turquoise top on and a long jersey cardi top.
I'd done my make up and felt pretty good considering. I didn't have a head scarf on and felt comfortable.

We got to the pub and were shown to a table. We knew we both wanted a carvery so didn't need to look at the menu. I went to the counter to load up my plate :P YUM.

As I stood waiting, there was no one there to serve. I looked at the meat, deciding what to have.. hmmmm. Yum.. beef, pork, turkey.. ?

I saw a few waiters rushing about, looking stressed. I was hungry. Be patient Liz. Patience.
I saw a man come out with plates and he was rushing about too. He was wearing a white apron and a white tall chef hat. Ooh a chef. Food. Oh and he was wearing glasses.
I stood waiting. It took a few more minutes for him to come over and serve us. The couple behind me were commenting on how long it was taking.
The man came over to serve me.
He glanced up at me, whilst grabbing a plate, ready to serve.

Hello, yes SIR what can I get you? Sausage and stuffing?

The following happened very quickly, I don't know how I was so quick but I smiled and erm'd in a 'ooh how awkward, I'm going to pretend I can't choose what I'd like, I'm spoilt for choice, you called me sir, I am a woman, I have no hair, but you thought I was a man, how awkward... I'm still erming'

Man: 'oh oh oh erm, would you like ss.s.s.s.s.sausage and ss.s.stuffing?'

Me - smiling and blushing and speaking in a bubbly, chirpy, you just called me Sir and I am not going to recognise it way (you could feel the awkwardness coming from the man and from the couple behind me)  oooh yes please, and I'll have pork and beef please.

I took the plate, thanking him and smiling.

This is the first time I've been mistaken for a man. When I went to the Look Good Feel Better group, a lady there told me how she'd been mistaken for a man 3 times and she was really feminine looking, I was shocked she had been - just because she had no hair.

I told Anthony when I got back to the table. He was shocked I'd taken it so well!! Think he expected me to be more shocked.

It happens I guess!

Just another experience on this journey! :)

No comments: