If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Monday 11 July 2011

159. Blogging from the garden...

Currently sat outside in the garden in THE CHAIR. It's a lovely fresh evening. Just watered the sunflowers and other plants. If my next door neighbour Pam is out watering her plants and she sees me, she asks if I'd like to use her water/hosepipe whilst it's out to save me bothering with the watering can. Really sweet. We stand and have a chat and it's lovely. So nice, makes all the difference.

Had a good weekend. Was really tired on Saturday, glad to have the shopping delivered.
In the evening we went to Anthony's mum and dad's for some tea. Was lovely to catch up and have a giggle together. Slept really well.
Sunday I woke up with a really bad head. The type of head pain that felt like it could turn into a migrane. Anthony looked after me and told me to go back to bed for more sleep. I wanted to get up and get ready to go to Craig (who Anthony works with) and Kirsty's daughter's (Courtney) Christening. I had to give in, I went for a soak in the bath and had another sleep.
We ended up not going to the christening ceremony which was a shame, but met up with the after party.
The card I made for Craig, Kirsty and Courtney :)

For the first time in a long time I felt nervous about turning up to a social event with my shaved head and looking 'different'. You'd think by now I would be used to it and just get on with it. But set backs do happen. 90% of the time I dont think about my shaved head. I can be walking about doing normal everyday stuff or go to the cinema or pub and just not give it a moments thought, even proud of my look. But Sunday I was just off it and walked into the social club, nervous and not like the bouncy, bubbly me..Anthony took my hand and walked in front, leading the way.
As the afternoon went on I started to relax, even my cloudy head cleared. I was chatting away normally to people instead of feeling like I couldn't get my words out. I even had a cheeky vodka, thanks to Craig's dad, which totally relaxed me even further - I'm not a big drinker, so when I do have alcohol it makes me drunk quickly! What's the term... lightweight?!

Today been feeling a bit sleepy but well 'in myself'. (Peter Kay)
I went to Roberts Park in Saltaire with Chris, Jenny and Lola. It was gorgeous! Can't wait to go back there again. Had lots of laughs, got lots of photos and had a relaxing walk. My eyes are starting to close already so all that fresh air has done me good!

Starting to think about Chemo 7 on Thursday already. Ugh. My appt is at 11am this time, which means I will have a later finish. I prefer getting in and getting done early. Nevermind.

I have a session at Bradford Cancer Support tomorrow, looking forward to it. Then blood test Wednesday.

No comments: