If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Wednesday 20 July 2011

170. Knaresborough visit

 After our plans took a nose dive we thought it'd be nice to go somewhere for the day and spend some time together on Anthony's day off.
We set off in the car, I drove. We decided to go to Knaresborough (North Yorkshire).
I love it there. I have had many happy times there and worked there for a time at Henshaw's Society, with my good friend Audrey. Good memories :)

We parked up and just wandered happily. I was feeling really achy in my neck, head and back. I think if I had been on my own at home I would have just moped about and not tried to do anything. It felt so nice to take in all the beautiful sights.
We found the rowing boats. I realised how unsteady I am on my feet when getting into the boat! The old man who was working at the boats was so sweet and told me to take my time and sit back and relax. So sweet.
As Anthony rowed the boat I took lots of photos and enjoyed the smells in the air. It was such a rich feeling, that the hustle and bustle of everyday life just blocks.
We laughed together, I was being my clumsy self and leaned over a little bit too much at one point. That would have been funny, us in the water. Can you imagine!?
Two ducks kept up with us and kept coming over. One of them was doing a really cute chirruping noise and fastly moving it's head. Cute.
There was a rumble of thunder at one point too! Eek.
Here's some of the photos I took, more are on my facebook.









It cost £10 for an hour and we (anthony) rowed up and down the river for as far as we were allowed to. It was stunning. So peaceful and relaxing.
Getting out of the boat I felt like we had been out for long enough and I was tired. Anthony could tell and we walked back to the car and he drove the journey home.
We parked up at Apperley Bridge and walked by the canal, hoping to go to the cafe for lunch, but it was closed. Gutted. So we walked back. Took some more photos and got a bit daft and silly (like usual)
We saw a bee - weirdly - running on the footpath! It's wings seemed to be broken - (said in Lee Evans way 'Broken!' when doing the traffic light sketch) and it was just so quick. True Liz style I decided to film it and just sing. Random. I know, I'm sorry, you're probably thinking, ok, she's lost it now. At last, she's gone. But this is just what I'm like. I love being silly and having fun! We both creased up laughing and I had tears rolling down my cheeks! Running Bee!





I love that exhausted, laughed out feeling!
 I'd forgotten about my pain and felt better. We got home and had fish and chips for lunch. Delish. Followed by an afternoon nap. Bliss. Fab day. 

No comments: