If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Monday 18 July 2011

166. Chemo 7 DONE.

Chemo 7 - all done last Thursday (14th July 2011)
Jen was able to come and support me all the way through, how fab. Support and distraction really does make ALL the difference. We had costa coffee and sandwiches later - when I realised I was hungry!?
We chatted and chatted and must have honestly been so irritating, we both agreed later that we were maybe a tad loud. But the nurses didn't seem to mind much. I think we brought a bit of life and soul to the day unit anyway!
Jen and I have formed a great friendship and I feel very lucky to met such a wonderful person. I know we're going to have so many fun times ahead. So exciting. We've got plenty of places we want to visit together and start creating some fun memories.
I got home after chemo and felt ok, just a bit tired and out of it later. Once I had a soak in the bath and got to sleep that was the best thing. Sleep.




On Friday, I felt good. I had really red cheeks and felt so warm from the steroids.
 I have some fab make up from the Look Good Feel Better Kit - No.7 (Boots) Colour Calming Primer. It's green in colour and you could mistake yourself for the Hulk. But, all said - it is very good at calming the redness in your face - doing as it says and priming your skin before make up. Even if you dont want to wear foundation it works well to take the redness away.
 I have used it quite a bit and like the confidence it gives me when I have 'chemo cheeks'. Deffo recommend. They also do a purple primer for sallow skin, different colours in primer work on different skin needs. Impressed!

Jenny and her little girl Lola, (gorgeous) picked me up in the afternoon on Friday. Jen was doing her weekly shop and it was good cause I could get to the shops and get a few things I needed and see them at the same time. I was entertaining Lola (maybe myself too - a bit?!) I was putting bear in the shelves and aisles and taking photos. Simple things! Lola seemed to think I was funny and so did a few other customers. I got some looks. haha.. x




love bear's pose here!! Accidental!












We had a nice chill out and coffee when we got back. Lovely afternoon, so simple but chilled and lovely together :)


Anthony and I went to see Rhino's play Hull FC in the evening - was so good to be back at Headingley and enjoy the atmosphere. We won, which was a bonus. Thanks Danny for the tickets!
I enjoyed a pint of guinness and some chips and gravy. What can I say, I know how to live it up.
It was also really nice because sat a few seats down from us was Andy - someone Anthony works with - who had sponsored me that day at work when Anthony had taken in the forms. I went to say hi and ended up chatting with his wife, whose name has gone out of my head, how rude, I am so sorry! (It will come back to me.) She was so kind and friendly and spoke to me about her experiences of cancer in their family. Her mum was also lovely and they both gave me a big hug and kiss - telling me how well I was doing. How lovely is that? Love it.
We left the game and I had a real bounce in my step. I felt so alive. Driving up our little street, we pulled up to our house. I looked up and thought about how lucky we are. Even though I have been dealt this card, we're still here, together and pulling through it. With the support of our friends and family and people we hardly know...












No comments: