If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Thursday 14 July 2011

163. Good week so far

Having a good week this week. Felt tired and Tuesday afternoon/evening I slept and slept and slept loads.
Had my blood test yesterday. Everything is pretty straight forward with my bloods now. Before I had lots of problems with white count levels and whether or not chemo would go ahead and if I was to have the GCSF injection.
Now the chemo goes ahead regardless - obviously if my white count levels are drastically low they would re think this. So for the past 2-3 times I have just been for my bloods and then gone for chemo automatically.
I know the drill when I walk in for my bloods now.

Take a seat.
Do a nose swab for MRSA - giant cotton bud, put in one nostril at a time, swab and put into the case and give it back to healthcare assistant.
Blood pressure, temperature - taken in ear with digital thermometer.
Get weighed, clever scales that work by you sitting in a chair.
Be brave,
Have blood taken.
Done.
Nurse chit chat with me :)

I chatted to the nurse and spoke to her about how I had been feeling less depressed this time round, but more tired and still some migranes. The nurse said I was coping really well and still needed to not worry too much about weight gain, as long as I am keeping an eye on my eating and making sure the comfort eating doesnt get out of control. I think, because I am concious of it now I am more able to spot when I am comfort eating and when I am satisfying real hunger.
The nurse then goes down a list of side effects from chemo and scores them to show how each cycle of chemo has affected me. After this the nurse then orders my drugs for the next 2 weeks.

Ondansetron - anti sickness for first 3 days
Dexamethasone - steroids for first 3 days
Lansoprazole - for stomach protection from steroids daily
Septrin - anti biotic daily
Movicol - sachet drink for constipation as and when needed
Gelclear - for mouth sores as and when needed
Mouthwashes (various) - mouth sores as and when needed

Once all this is done I am free to go home yey!

After my blood test, I went to see Becky and enjoyed a lurrrrrrrrrrrvely coffee and a well needed catch up. x x x x

In the evening I made a card for Courtney's first birthday and enjoyed being in the garden and managed to cut the grass.

Today I have my 7th chemo session. Jenny is coming with me again, which is so lovely. It makes it feel more like a lovely day and fun rather than CHEEEEEEEEEEMO!

 Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life. I have a hand, and you have another; put them together and we have each other xx

No comments: