If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Monday 18 July 2011

168. Do'h.

So we were planning on setting off about 2ish on Sat to go see my mum and dad in Norfolk on their holidays, to get a few days away from the norm. We planned to go in my little corsa as its more economical on fuel. In an attempt to be good and checking, I suggested to Anthony that he check the oil and water in my car. Oil was low. So he went to check my log book and the oil type. As we keep our files and info together, he checked his log book too, just out of interest for some reason.

Beep beep beep. And that's not the car horn.
M.O.T on the Pug was out of date. The test had been due the day of my first chemo - yes - April! - and with the upset and stress of everything it had got forgotten about. We realised how lucky he had been to not get caught, he's been all over the place in it since then and we don't know how he has avoided the ANPR's and not been fined.
We decided to stay home so we could sort out booking the test for Monday and get the pre checks sorted etc. We'd need the money for the test that we'd spend getting to Norfolk and on other things down there. Grr.

We were gutted and Anthony felt really annoyed with himself for missing it and confusing it for another time. We felt bad for letting mum and dad down and not being able to visit them - esp when they were looking forward to it as much as us. They knew how much a break away from the norm meant to us and just wanted to see us have some down time and relax.
 Some how we just kept it together and support from Chris and Jen soon after finding out was just what we both needed! My mum came over to see us briefly and I felt better for having a hug and seeing her.

The pug did pass it's MOT today, thankfully! So it hasn't ended up costing us as much as we'd worried about. Phew! All things work out somehow?!

Depending on the weather we hope to go out for the day tomorrow. I have some ear pain this evening so am a bit blah blurgh and tired. Off I go to bed soon! x What a weekend!

No comments: