If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Tuesday 27 September 2011

286. Then I was sent a butterfly...

I was just walking around the house trying to shift this sickness feeling, taking deep breaths.
I looked outside into my garden, admired the Bellis that is growing beautifully... And saw this...


A stunning Red Admiral...
The beige crispy bit is the butterfly's cocoon, stuck on it's wing. I helped it out as it was stuck. The rest of it's wing looks really mangled...but it might just be that it was crumpled funny, inside the cocoon..



Look at this little dude's face! So cute! It sat on my hands for ages, trying to gain strength to fly.

We both feel the same here i think...

Pure beauty...

My favourite photo of all...


I placed him high up on the side of the shed in the sun, so he could keep warm and away from cats...!! ZIG...

The bit of cocoon that was left on the wing...

 I thought about how I could help give some strength to the butterfly and put some jam near where it was resting. It started to suck the sugar and I could see dew drops of sweetness going into it's mouth.


He is still sat on the shed licking the jam with his curly tongue.
 Such a beautiful moment this afternoon, when I needed it the most... x



No comments: