If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Thursday 15 September 2011

251. Oramorph week!

I started taking Oramorph on Tuesday and it has significantly helped! I have also been sleeping a massive amount compared to any other time in the whole time I have been having chemo. It helps pass the time through the day and when I wake up between sleeps I feel rested and that my body has benefitted from sleep. I am pleased. The oramorph is doing it's job and helping me to get sleep.
I am taking paracetamol as a baseline painkiller. As advised by Pat, Macmillan Nurse.
She came to visit me yesterday. It was good to see her and know I am doing ok. It wasn't until I started to speak and answer her questions that I realised I am doing well this time round. Coping, remembering to take everything - like movicol!! And also coping emotionally.

I've woken up this morning with a sore throat and my arms are nerve tingling like my legs did a couple of chemo's ago.. actually the last chemo as well.
Going to have a yummy breakfast and take some oramorph. Then sleep! Again. I sound like a broken record, but it's proved to be the best way to cope so far.

The chemo taste in my mouth is not going away quick this time! It's sooooooooooo disgusting! I am constantly chewing gum and drinking water.
I can't enjoy a coffee yet this time round.

In between sleep I've been watching/dozing to ER, Coach Trip, Big Brother, Britain's Next Top Model.

I am really wanting to use my new sewing machine, as I have a present I am halfway through making and am eager to finish it! Waiting until I feel ok to do it though.
Me and Mum came across an amazing sewing book last week and it arrived yesterday. We must have sounded so funny last night looking through it together. 'ooooooooooh look at that.' 'ahhhhhh thats nice'. haha.


Zip Slide is looming!!!!!!! How exciting!
Really looking forward to seeing people there! I will be at Xscape, Castleford at 10.30 - 10.45am. I am going for registration at 11.15am to get harnessed up! See you there! All welcome! xxxx

No comments: