If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Wednesday 31 August 2011

225. Chemo 10 to be delayed

Well. Chemo 10 is going to be delayed until next week now. My counts are too low!
Oh well. Guess I can build my strength up and try see some friends and catch up. I need some time where I don't feel so SO weak.

I'm so tired of talking today. Not to anyone in particular. Just talking about IT. Sometimes I find it tiring because I have difficulty thinking of the right words and explaining things is difficult. Thats why I love my blog.

Had a bit of a faff at the hospital this morning with a doctor I find hard to understand. But the outcome was good and I will be having morphine for the next time I have chemo.
Had a better chat with a Macmillan Nurse, a new one, she came to the house and was fantastic. She talked to me about my frustrations and was so very supportive. She knew what I was going on about and showed great empathy and understanding. Amazing.

Felt better after she left, then felt disappointment to hear my chemo is delayed. You'd think I'd be used to the disappointment. But you always gear yourself up for treatment. It takes a lot of mental strength for me to prepare and then poof, nothing til next week. Well.. positives are there - so just got to get over it.

Tired now. Need food then got to go and get some bits from Morrisons.
Think i'll watch a film this aft and do some doodling..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello
I've been reading your journey through HL and hope no more of your chemo sessions are delayed. My daughter who was 18 last February was diagnosed with HL in May and she is currently going through chemo - she's just had her 6th out of 8 and is coping ok apart from the hair loss and sore mouth. Just like you the fatigue takes over and frustrates her. I hope your scan when you get it shows you are "cancer free" and that you can then get back go full fitness.
Take care
Regards
Kahleen

Liz said...

Thank you Kahleen, I wish your daughter all the best and send lots of love and good wishes your way xxxxx