If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Thursday 18 August 2011

202. My patchwork pillow

I've got this beautiful patchwork pillow case I got in Spain whilst on holiday in 2005. It's 100% cotton and so soft. It's recently become my comfort pillow when I feel rubbish. I used to be the same when I was younger, I have kept 'rose blanket' that Mum used to put over me when I was little on the sofa. I havent used it for a long time. But now thinking about it, I might dig it out and give it a wash and start using it. :)

Am sat here trying to keep my eyes open to be honest. I'm so tired, and have been back from chemo a couple of hours and felt a bit sick and bloated in my tummy. Got the new wheat bag on my tum and just gonna have a bite to eat and drink some water. Then it'll be bath and feet up time. I'd like to rest to a good film with Anthony.

Jen took me to chemo today. It was brill and went by fast. The needle went in well and Sally the nurse was able to find a good vein and it hardly hurt this time.
I also spoke to the doctor about my pain last week and he said that now I have the 30/500's of cocodamol for the pain I can take them as soon as any pain starts and blast it with that. the next step will be tramadol and then even morphine if i wish to have it. But there is a line of pain relief that I have to follow first before morphine can be given.

I got two gorgeous cards with letters today and yest from Aunty Helen (mum's sister) and Helen T )(mum's friend, and mine too) It's was really really nice to get them and to feel thought of. Need to see my aunty soon and am really looking forward to it when I do. xx Also Helen T has suggested me and Mum get together for a girly dvd night and relax, so need to try and find an evening when I feel up to it xxx

my tea's ready:)



No comments: