If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Monday 1 August 2011

188. August already?!

Just shows how time is going by.... It's August already?!
4 months ago (4 months!!!!? said in Ross from Friends screechy voice) I was in shock and disbelief and just starting to come to terms with the fact I had Hodgkins Lymphoma also known as cancer.
Time seems to have flown by but at the same time some of the days and nights are so long, dark and challenging.
Everything has been running pretty smoothly for a while until last week's chemo was postponed and I will hopefully have it this Thursday. Blood test Wednesday to see how my white count is doing.

Been admiring our garden, it looks so much better!
The skip was taken away this morning. As I was out at Ikea. I wanted to get a table that I can use in the living room to do my art and craft work on. Been using a very small low wooden table, but it was too small and giving me back ache. So I now have a new table! You know how Ikea have names for everything... like FORNUFT, TOFTBO, ANSLUTA.... Well.. I have bought a table with the most unusual name from Ikea. I found it really hard to say....

Everyone ... the name. Is....

DAVE 


Seriously!!!



Dave is brilliant. You can tilt him and adjust his height too! Perfect for my card making and painting and as it's main advertised use as a laptop table. Am typing from Dave right now..!
Impressed. £17.99. Not bad!

It's clouded over just now. Looks like it might rain :s

I'm still struggling with swollen eyes, have put pretty eye shadow colours on today to hide the dark skin around my eyes and detract from the swelling. It does help and make me feel beter.
My hair is growing in between treatments still, except now I do have small bald patches dotted about.

My sleeping at night is pretty normal at the moment. I find if I get up early when Anthony goes to work I'll have breakfast - as I am hungry as soon as I get up and move about the house. So have to eat, or I get shaky, weak and faint feeling. When I do that, I get tired about 8 am and need to go for another nap - about an hour or so. Then I get up for a second time and I have more energy and am ok.

Through the day I have a good level of energy at the moment, as long as I don't over do it. I sometimes have a nap in the afternoon - esp after chemo -  but like this week I should be ok going right through til the evening.

Going out for a walk with Chris Jenny and Lola now, so will hopefully be back on later to finish this update.. xx

No comments: