If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

199. Welcome back liz

Hi Everyone! I am back!
It's a week since I was last blogging and that was very brief due to being in so much pain. I also had to get my laptop serviced as I had a little accident and dropped it off the sofa. Ahem. I am glad to say I have it back now and am catching up with emails, messages and music downloading.

The majority of last week from Tuesday to Friday, I was in a lot of pain. My joints, bones and skin all ached from head to toe and I felt so so weak. I ended up being prescribed some high strength pain killers and they sent me a bit weird! I felt so out of it. I just remember bits of the day and a woozyness I haven't felt before.
Friday afternoon I started to feel more normal and gradually the pain wore off and I got some strength back. I keep having to look at my calender all the time lately as the days all merge into one and I can't differentiate one day from the next, especially with the pain I experienced. It was like my body could only cope with so much.

Saturday, I woke up feeling different again, more strength. We went to Skipton and bought some lovely Laura Ashley fabric for the kitchen. Anthony did some decorating in the kitchen and I want to make things for it. Looking forward to getting cracking!
Sunday we relaxed all day and I was so happy to enjoy a day not feeling ill. In the evening we went for a lovely meal to the Calverley Arms with Chris, Jenny, Lola, Scott and Fiona. It was really yummy and special to be all together.

Yesterday and today I have more strength again and feel back to normal again. I can walk upstairs and not feel like my legs are going to cease. I'm not as out of breath as I was last week. I remember getting into the car with Jenny last week and it was like total slow motion and easing myself into the car seat. Honestly like a little old lady.

I've had a lovely walk with Pam and Katie today. Pam is dog sitting for her brother and we took Miley out. She's a gorgeous boxer dog. I could feel the fresh air in my face, the smell of the trees and plants. It was so refreshing. I was striding up the rocky hills and through the boggy mud. I felt a bit of breath, but nothing like when i get tired normally. It felt like a 'fit' out of breath. I have missed that feeling so much. It made me excited to think that soon I will be recovering and then when I have some strength I will be able to slowly build myself back to fitness. I love exercise. My body craves it, always has since being into so much sport at school. I'd love to get back into some team game exercise eventually. I miss the feeling in my skin and body. :D

So, chemo 9 on Thursday. Then 3 more after that! 3!!!!
I was thinking about Autumn, my favourite season. I will have finished chemo around end of sept, start of oct if all sessions go according to schedule. The delayed sessions have thrown the whole treatment back a bit.
So when the conkers and leaves are all falling and the smell of garden fires fill the outside air... I will be hopefully all done.... My eyes are smiling so much right now...

I came back from the lovely walk and put Alice in Wonderland on. I've not watched it for a couple of months!! haha. I still need to get Sword in the Stone on DVD. Gaynor has hysterics about how I sometimes laugh like the owl out of it, she showed me the clip on you tube. It does sound a bit like me at my silliest times!

We're going to see my Mum and Dad this evening. I need to do some sewing on the machine with Mum as I am making a curtain with that Laura Ashley fabric for the pantry cupboard. It did have a big sliding door, which was cumbersome and annoying when it crashed shut. So in the decorating last week, Anthony took it down. It looks much better now without it and when I have painted the gloss work the same green as the splashboard, the fabric will tie all the colours together nicely.




Been getting lots of inspiration and ideas from all the House Beautiful, Country Living magazines Mum has been sending on to me. It's hardly cost us to change the colour scheme in the kitchen and now it looks much fresher and calmer. I am going to make a canvas for the kitchen too and make a flower felt notice board that I've had the idea for a while now.
 We've got a new roller blind coming in the post too. ( I accidentally ragged the other one off the ceiling the other morning, it spectacularly crashed down nearly on Anthony's head!!! We both laughed so much afterwards, it was comical the way it happened!)

So.... that gets my blog up to date a little!








No comments: