If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Sunday 21 August 2011

209. Content

Having a lovely weekend with Anthony. We took it easy yesterday, then did some painting in the kitchen and it looks really good. Feels like out kitchen now. Just got finishing touches to put up today; the curtain, some mini canvas' I have made, a photo frame, my home made notice board and some bargains from the car boot sale this morning - some handmade wooden heart spice rack shelving - really cute - but will be used for other things - not spices. Will post photos when all done. Also got a new roller blind on it's way from Ebay.
Going to put those up today and either put my new berries plants in the garden or make some more felt goodies to put up. The sun is shining beautifully and I'm going to make the most of being with Anthony today as he is going to work in London Mon - Fri. He can't turn it down as it's great experience for site work. I'm glad for him as it's something different and he enjoys being out on the road. I have planned to go for tea to Mum and Dad's a couple of nights - depending how I feel and also Jenny has offered for me to go there. So I will have plenty of company.

Feeling ok today - got chemo skin feeling - chemo tan, my skin goes darker and smoother. Chemo wee's which I'm not sure I have mentioned - they are cotton candy coloured for a few days. Nice bit of information for you there.
 I'm awake at random times again due to the steroids. Again, I still feel like this round of chemo is similar to 4/5the session - similar side effects and timings of things. I'd have thought things would move on and react the same as last time, but not necessarily as it seems. I can't judge anything or guess work it.

The doctor at the hospital said that they couldn't tell me why I had bone pain as bad as I did. The only thing he could think of was that, because of my scan results after the 6th chemo, my body is pretty much clear and the chemo isn't really fighting anything out - so my bone marrow is over stimulated and reacting to the poision being put into me. At least now I have some 30/500mg of cocodamol now and so when/if the pain strikes again I can take those as soon as possible and just blast out the bone pain.

I have got some reiki on Tuesday which I hope I can attend - at Bradford Cancer Support - with Gary.

I am thinking a lot about Lynn Hale at the moment, a wonderful friend I have made through talking to people through my blog and linked through facebook friends. We have made a lovely connection and I we have sent each other things in the post to keep each other going. Lynn is in intensive care and has been since Thursday - I messaged her husband Martin yesterday -she had a bad reaction to her blood transfusion. It must be such a worrying time for her husband, family and loved ones. Please spare a thought and prayer xxx


No comments: