If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Sunday 19 June 2011

132. Normality is bliss! (when you've missed it)

Since Wed, Anthony's been feeling really ill for some unknown reason. He's had an upset stomach and has had no appetite! Some people have said it could be stress and worry, others just that he's run down or a bug.
 But I am really happy to say today he's much much better! At last. Wed - Sun has felt like a total eternity! I realise just how much he keeps me going and when he's ill its like.. UH!?

We've had a great day, my mum and dad came over for an hour or so and then Anthony and I spent the evening with our own friends/family which has been a lovely way to end the weekend. Anthony got some Bro time with Chris, which always makes me so happy to see, they're twins and I just love seeing them together.
 Anthony's playing on LA Noir PS3 now and I'm enjoying a cuppa and some left over Fruitella's.

Chemo effects are there - but not strong for the meantime. I am finding that if I have chemo Wed/Thurs, that it takes until about the Tues/Wed to get the aches and then a few days after that I have been ok. But I can't stress enough how different it is everytime. When I open my trap it seems to change!!!

My hair is growing between treatments, Chris said he noticed how fluffy it is! It's funny. Gaynor said the same earlier when I met up with her Mum and Rebecca.
It's pretty patchy in places which is weird and Anthony's discovered I actually do have a birth mark! It's a red patch on skin on the back of my neck in my hair line. Would never have known it was there.

Aw, I got some lovely gifts recently too! Catherine H sent me a stunning scarf she bought me whilst on holiday, it's soo me! Also, my friend Bruce from Canada has sent me some Canadian treats and some money to make some canvas' for him. How amazing!?
I have quite a few orders for bookmarks too which I want to get started on when I feel arty inspired. Taken a bit of a lull recently with the chemo effects and my state of mind. But it will come back, it always does.

My eating is pretty good at the moment and I seem to have adjusted quite well to the weight gain. I have my ups and downs with it, accepting and not. It goes hand in hand with the rest of the treatment I guess. But I thought it was important to mention that I'm ok with it these past few days. Seeing those extra bits in certain places is like a reminder to what I am going through but then, now I have my positive scan results, I feel it's all for a known reason now and it's working. I can shift those pounds at the end and I know I have support to help me do it. Yeah, feeling good about that. And want to be brave enough to share it with you. I laugh at myself sometimes, but I guess that's just how to get through it.

I know things are going to be ok. I feel positive tonight and want to bottle it in a magic Alice -in -Wonderland- glass -bottle for the times when I don't.
The scan results are slowly sinking in and the more I read texts, messages and the listen to the words that people say to me, the more I realise I am lucky that the chemo is working and it's blasting it out.

I want to have a big party at the end of this treatment and I just can't wait to be with all the people I love xxx


Have a good week everyone. Remember what's important to you and forget the stuff that's not. xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz

My name is Claire and I live in Malton, North Yorkshire. Haley Collis (who I believe you know)shares a mutual friend with myself and thats how I know her. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006. I had a mastectomy, chemo and radiotherapy. I think its an amazing idea to do blog like you are doing. I kept a diary and just recently found it, read it and wept and laughed all in the same hour!!

I am now coming up to my 5 year remission date on 29 June. I obviously dont know you Liz but I can tell just from your photo you are a strong woman and you will get through this horrid period in your life. People say that things like this only happen to people who are strong enough to cope and I truly believe that. Take care and remember make hay while the sun shines and rest on the days that it doesnt. Take care. Say hi to Hayley for me.

Regards
Claire Gill