If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Thursday 9 June 2011

120. Lymphoma Association support group

I have recently made friends with a lovely lady called Roz - who also has a blog about Hodgkin's. She suggested to search for a Lymphoma Association support group. I did and I found one straight away at Leeds (thanks Roz) that meets every month at the Robert Ogden Macmillan Cancer Centre at St James'. I called one number but there was no answer. I tried a different one and spoke to an elderly gentleman - he said they meet every last Monday in each month. He said I would be welcome. He was sweet and said he hoped I don't feel too down with the chemo. Bless him. He said it made him feel very down and low. I wished him well and said I would look forward to meeting him in a couple of weeks.
My phone rang, it was the lady on the phone number I had tried first. She was friendly and asked me how long I had had HL. I explained my situation to her.
She replied with her experience. She explained she has had it since 2008 and hadn't had any treatment - 'I'm waiting and seeing.' I wasn't quite sure what to say. Am I naive to think that everyone would get treated? I dunno. All sorts of thoughts.. Maybe she has other health issues that would make it so she has or wants to wait, or life choices she wants to have the option of with out chemo. I guess I will find out when I meet her. I am really intrigued to know more. It will be really interesting to meet some other people with similar/same conditions. Fingers crossed I'll be well to go. June 27th, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: