If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Wednesday 1 June 2011

109. Can't believe it! White count down AGAIN!

Went for my blood test this morning and the nurse said that my count should be normal, as they were normal last Friday - not too long ago.
All was expected to run smoothly. But - again, my white count is low. It's 0.4 and should be 1. The nurse rang to tell me and said that the chemo can't be delayed at all but they want to check my count in the morning before the treatment. It may mean.... that I have to have more GCSF. Uh. *shivers*
Whether or not I react the same way as last time, I don't know. It's all a waiting game. All I can do is wait and see what they say in the morning. My consultant is on holiday this week, so I hope I get a decent consultant to tell me whats going to happen.
Fingers crossed xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz. Great blog. I was diagnosed with 2B at 27 years old... so many of the things you say are SO similar. I've now been in remission for 6 and a half years, married with 2 kids! The treatment works fantastically well. All the best for everything. Nick.

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz. I was diagnosed with HL stage 2 in feb 07 and am coming up to 4 years in remission. I had abvd treatment and agree much of what you are blogging is very familiar. I lost my hair very quickly in to treatment, had to have a hickman line fitted and had GCSF injections the weeks in between chemo, the side effects from this were very painful but I managed to keep going with them with the aid of plenty of painkillers. I also experienced a lot of weight gain from the steroids which my consultant said he preferred rather than loosing weight! I have now lost all the weight I gained while having treatment and my hair is all back to normal. I was told that the treatment is hard but effective so keep positive and show that cancer whose boss! Take care and I wish you all the best. Hayley x

Liz said...

Hi Nick, thank you for your comment! It's good to know my journey is like so many others'. Congratulations on the 6 and a half years and your children too! Makes me think I will value life much more now. Thank you for reading my blog! Means so much xx Liz xx

Liz said...

Hi Hayley, thank you so much for your comment. Means so much to hear I'm not alone. It gives me so much hope to hear I will more than likely lose the weight, I can't wait to feel all light again, it's tiring being heavier!I miss my hair like mad, at first it was liberating, stil is in some ways, but I do miss flicking my long thick hair and all the curls or making it straight whenever I wanted the choice.:) Thank you and congrats on the 4 years! You must be feeling so good! xx all the best xx liz