If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Friday 3 June 2011

112. SEVEN!

Woke up this morning at half 6 and Anthony was getting ready for work. He asked if I was ok.
I said about a 3 out of 10, (half asleep) then realised I had said it the wrong way round. I meant 'pretty good' on a scale on 1 - 10. I giggled, quickly corrected myself 'SEVEN!' in the style of Len Goodman. Anthony laughed, 'you're funny'.
Say I'm funny... lol..






So, feeling pretty good considering! Have my seabands on my wrists. I started to feel a bit icky last night in bed, I'd forgotten to put them on. So, they really do work if anyone wants to know! :) See my older post on seabands.
Last night was so warm. We had our bedroom windows open, I had a cold facecloth on my head. Managed to sleep after that.
I went out in the garden early this morning, I didn't get locked out :P - and the smell in the air was absolutely amazing. That sunshine, greenery, summery smell. Better than any perfume. Completely natural and wonderful.
It's going to be soooo hot out there, can feel it.

This weekend is going to be my first one on my own since starting chemo. Anthony is going to the French Car Show in Northampton. We've been every year for quite a few years now and it's always a great day out. He's camping this year and has been really looking forward to it. He's going with quite a few mates, I'm really pleased he's going to have a weekend away for himself. I'll miss him loads but I know he'll have so much fun. I was going to join him, as I do feel pretty good. But I decided last night, to leave it and stay home. Many reasons really. Northampton is pretty far about 240 miles away.. and if for whatever reason I start to feel ill, I'm too far away. Also the glorious weather is fantastic, it'll be perfect for the car show and camping, but I am very sensitive to the sun on these drugs and being out in the sun, trying to stay in the shade, with a hot sticky tent to hide in, just doesn't sound like fun, if I'm feeling off it. I'd hate to be complaining to Anthony when he's trying to enjoy himself.
So, home and comforts it is :)

Gonna get the chair and parasol out and have as much iced drinks and lollies as I like and enjoy the shade with occasional sun. It's still going to be awesome. I'll make some art stuff too. If you want a bookmark or any cards making, canvas' etc, please let me know! :) I have made some and sent some out already :) thank you for your order Dawn! Hope you enjoy hun!xxx

If you're around this weekend, please feel free to drop me a message and make me smile xx

Yesterday morning was really great - Mum came to take me for my blood test and then we went to costa for some food and well needed coffeeeee. It was a great boost and made me feel all special. It really helped to do something like that before chemo. I walked into the ward all relaxed and this proved to be very helpful for treatment. My veins were good and it hardly hurt at all. Also, because I was relaxed, it meant that the drip was going at a decent speed and not even hurting my arm. I still had heat on my arm, which helps with any discomfort. So because it didn't hurt, the treatment didnt need to be slowed down so it went by so fast, fastest yet I think.
HURRAY!

I need to go take all my meds, back onto full lot and steriods. Then I think some catch up tv before going into the garden.

Chat soon, enjoy the sun and make the most of every day :) xx Don't sweat the small stuff, it's not worth it! x






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,
I follow your blog every day and I am totally impressed by how positive you are and you seem to have a brilliant support network of friends!!
You are often in my thoughts and prayers, so keep up the good work and be strong. ;)

Cath D xxxx