If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Saturday 8 October 2011

301. Thoughts as I am awake... and tv sport memories!!!!

My mind has been racing with ideas and inspiration since half 3 this morning. So I got up and made a list of ideas of things to make and then came here to blog.
Japanese Grand Prix is on, so I am in and out of watching that.
I have always liked dipping in and out of Grand Prix. It's something I have grown up watching over the years, since being a young kid. I have one significant memory of being in a caravan in Cayton Bay. Mum, Dad and me used to holiday there every year.
This must have been the saturday we got there - We'd had a busy journey on the roads and I must have been so tired. Dad put the tv on and was watching the race. I could hear the lulling sound of the cars going round the track, making that familiar noise I love. Mansell was the main driver of the moment, along with all the others... And the unmistakable voice of Murray Walker...I was snoozing in the bedroom and just had the most safest, coziest feeling ever. I often think of that time and especially when I put it on tv now.


Back in the day this is from 1995, so probably a bit after the time I am writing about... nevertheless, brings back memories


Compare that to present day intro capabilites - the drama and the music.. can't beat the BBC...





I'm on a roll now... other sporting tv memories for me....


Everyone needs a montage!!!! Love the 'bommmmmm' and whatever they chose to put with it....


Aw, classic!!!!! 
I bloody LOVED Big Break!!!

 

What a show... bring it back! Virgo trick shot!





Another classic. Memories of sitting in my Grandma and Grandad Ellis' front living room on a Sunday night after being subjected to Antiques Roadshow....







When Question of Sport was actually GOOD. Or was it just that I knew who everyone was and was good at the rounds of 'what happens next' and 'mystery guest'.
These were the days, when you could guarantee a Leeds Utd player would feature somewhere. How excited I would be when they would.... Love it...





Gotta love a bit of reminiscing at 6am on a Saturday morning!!! xx


No comments: