If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Wednesday 26 October 2011

318. I'm a Summer Girl!



I mentioned on here last week how I had made some appt's at the Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre in Leeds. Today was my colour analysis and make up session. I was able to take a friend, so I asked Lucy and we met at the centre.
I wanted to be there in good time so we could have a coffee and chat a bit before hand. But time seemed to just run away from me this morning. I don't do late or last minute but I was last minute today! I couldn't function! I couldnt think which way to go and ended up going up the longest way round.. EVER! Then there was tonnes of traffic and roadworks. It's always when you're wanting to be somewhere fast eh...
Anyway, got to the centre with 5 mins to spare and saw Lucy, it was so good to see her. We've not seen each other since April and even then that was just in passing when I visited work to see everyone the day after I was diagnosed.
We both giggled loads whilst laughing about the effects of chemo together and I think we might have gotten a bit girlie-rowdy actually! Everyone was smiley about it to us :)
A lovely,friendly lady called Brenda came over and soon enough we were in our session learning about what colours suit us best - depending on skin tone, hair and eye colour...and then use that to help choose shades and colours for make up!

It was so great to be with Lucy - she's so bubbly and fun, I love listening to her and find her take on things so refreshing. We talked loads together with Brenda at the same time we learnt about which colours suited Lucy, then she had her make up done. She looked gorgeous. Lucy is an Autumn Goddess..! :-)
 After a tidy up by Brenda, it was my turn. I felt nervous staring at my reflection. Lucy and Brenda put me at ease. I was quite surprised at the colours which did suit me when compared to the others. Cool pinks, which I would never wear and a coral-y pink. Duckegg blue/green which I love. Aqua, silver/greys and soft whites. I was wearing white grey and grey/blue jeans, which was pretty good! All this means I am a Summer girl! Brenda gave me a laminated sheet with all the colours that suit me best! She also did my make up beautifully and it felt really good. It was just the tonic I needed. I thanked Brenda, she said a lot to help me and it made a big difference to my week. ;o)

Tonight I feel much better overall. It's given me a boost and I feel less bothered and focused on my insecurities as I did this morning and the previous days this week.
Having the energy to actually be OUT made the difference too. I felt a bit unsure as I drove there this morning, away from my safe haven of home. But once I was there I was fine. Seeing different things and being in different surroundings was reeeeeealllly nice. I miss Leeds too, I work in Leeds, but obviously not since March! So I don't really go there much at all at the moment.

Lucy gave me some cd's so I am going to give those a try tonight.
Also got a booklet on how to safely become more active - by Macmillan. I've yet to read it and see what it's like. I can give anyone the name of it if they need it.

I am so glad I went today. Lucy said she was glad I had too, we help each other a lot. I think she could read I wasn't great from my fb updates and stuff.
When I woke up this morning I had a big headache from a bad night's sleep and my emotions were all over. I cried and cried.. I chatted to Paula online about my worries and she really helped me, I honestly think I wouldn't have pulled myself together as much as I did if it wasn't for Paula. She has been through what I am going through, so knows how tough it can be. It makes ALL the difference to chat to someone who knows the frustrations of the treatment. xxx Thanks darling.

Looking forward to some chill out time with Anthony on Friday :)

Missing Jenny, Chris and Lola as they have gone a little holiday. Haven't seen Jen for a while now as she has been really poorly, well they all have, which is wubbish.

Lots to look forward to - including Bonfire night! Yipeeee xx
Feeling much more cheery tonight, which is goooooooooooooooooood!

No comments: