If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Friday 25 November 2011

337. Hats off to Eastenders so far..

Just watching Eastenders, it happened to come on the tv. Normally I avoid it as I don't really like many characters in it.. But I'm glad I caught this episode and I might start watching it for a bit from now.
The character of Tanya, has been diagnosed with cervical cancer.

 So far they have managed to capture the essence of how it feels to be diagnosed. The pressures it puts on a relationship and how mixed up things feel about how it will be. Granted, I haven't experienced cervial cancer and I don't wish to claim I know everything, very far from it. But I can relate to some of the character's worries, emotions of treatment.
 I am impressed with the way that they are covering how it feels for a family member to watch a loved one suffer with terminal cancer too. The fact that Tanya has experienced that with her Father and then to be diagnosed herself.
I think it will prove interesting viewing...

No comments: