If you want to start at the beginning of my journey click on 'April' and then my first entry '1.From November 2010 until March 30th 2011.

Monday 14 November 2011

329. Mario (?!)

OK, I'm still chuckling away at this.

Mario - the star of Nintendo games for many years. I have been an avid computer game fan since I was a little girl. My first computer was a Commodore 64, games such as Chuckie Egg, Ghosts 'n' Goblins and Paperboy. As I got older and technology advanced from cassette to floppy disk, I was lucky to experience the Amiga 500. I loved Superfrog (still want to play this game today, right now!) and Steg the slug. I was still interested in gaming when the first Playstation came out and enjoyed Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Syphon Filter... the list goes on. Needless to say, I didn't have a Nintendo of my own, but I would often play Mario at friend's houses and then just this year I was lucky to get a DS to help pass time for Chemo and I enjoyed playing my own Mario game.

But. Just when I thought I knew most things about gaming and the gaming world.... I was gobsmacked to find something out via a tv ad the other night.

The latest Mario game advert for the 3DS came on the tv.

'Mario, the world's favourite plumber returns.....'

Liz: PLUMBER?
Anthony: Yeah?
Liz: MARIO IS A PLUMBER?
Anthony: Yeah?
Liz: SINCE WHEN!?
Anthony: He's always been one!!! *laughing*
Liz: *mouth open wide, confused, shocked* Why did no one tell me this?!
Anthony: The pipes on all the games? You never wondered why he went down pipes?

Then Saturday night the advert came on tv at my Mum and Dad's and we were all sat there.
SHHHH! Watch, watch!
'Mario, the world's favourite plumber returns...'

THERE! mum, dad, did you know Mario was a plumber? Expecting them to go, 'No!'

THEY KNEW MARIO WAS A PLUMBER!

Now I look at Mario, with this information, I realise, he LOOKS like a plumber.


I google 'I didn't know Mario was a plumber' and it turns out i am not alone! There's a group on Facebook about it!! Ok granted, it only has 55 members!!

Ok. I am stupid!

Hahaaaa....

No comments: